CEPA programs are to improve good governance, sustainable livelihoods, enrich natural environment and equip appropriate skills and technologies for sustainable development in Cambodia.
CEPA overall goal is “Sustainable Livelihoods and Natural Resource Management is the cornerstone for all Development priority” to ensure that the environmental integrity of Cambodia’s natural resources is equitably maintained and protected for the sustainable use and livelihoods of its people today and for generations to come.
- Recognition of the dignity and the capability of people and deeply respect for the information, knowledge, experience and wisdom of community people and abiding respect for the fragility of our national’s resources and the need to protect them in the interest of present and future generations.
- The recognition of the equality of men and women and the need to account for that equality in our programming; a deep respect for women’s involvement in all our processes and activities.
- A holistic approach to development that is centered on the empowerment of the poor and marginalized groups. This includes a commitment to participation, consultation, ownership, sustainability and community control.
- A willingness to work collaboratively and collectively with other organizations including government, NGOs, academia, international bodies and communities.
- Fisheries resource and its relevant eco-system are protected and sustainably used under the management of CBNRM groups.
- Sustainable incomes with assured qualities of products and services are regularly generated by Local communities.
- Enterprise HUB (EH): A range of fish based and other related products ( i.e relevant CBET, fish sauce, semi-final fish products …etc) are designed in a creative and innovative way that suit the needs, and market accessibility ensured.
- AQUACTIC THINKTANKS (AT): Capacities of target communities and stakeholders are strengthened and further developed through the backstopping of our think tanks
- Organizational and staff capacities are developed in order to operate the program operations effectively and efficiently.